CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

C25K: W1D2&3 and The Scary Scale

Well, I'm done with Week 1! My primary goal for this week was to run the recommended three days, keeping moving for the full thirty minutes. And I did it! Judging by how great I felt after today's run, I'm going to move onto Week 2 starting Tuesday.

Thursday (W1D2) was really gross out (humid with thunderstorms), so I ended up running at my new gym, Planet Fitness. I find its "no lunks!" and "judgement free zone" slogans to be extremely gimmicky (and contradictory, as it's clear that "lunks" are being judged), but it's affordable, the equipment is in great condition, and it's open 24 hours. Running on the treadmill was a lot easier than running in the park and I got to watch 30 Rock with no sound.

Today (W1D3) I went running on the "secret path" at Mill Creek Park. It's not really a secret, but it's unpaved. Because I want to run the Indian Run 5k in September, I thought it might be a good idea to run on an actual trail. It was so gorgeous outside that I decided to run out as far as I could and walk back.

After my run, I was feeling great.


This part of the park is really gorgeous.



This was the only area I was nervous about running on; it's so narrow and the water is really high this year!


Also, FYI: when your scale instructs you to not use it on a carpeted surface, do not use it on a carpeted surface! I bought a little scale with the intention of keeping it in my bedroom. When I stepped on it, it read 180 lbs. I just about died. Once I could breathe again, though, my first thought was, "Well, Nicky, your hard work has made you smaller than me!"

I moved the scale to the bathroom and the reading dropped back to my expected 150. Phew!

0 comments: