CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

PRAXIS

After my last post, I started making more of an effort to get better. I realized that a lot of my stress and shame were coming from the PRAXIS II exam that I'm taking on Saturday.


Stress because I have pre-test anxiety about standardized tests.

Shame because a lot of my academic future (like when I can graduate and/or get licensed) depends on my score, and I've been too lazy to study.

So this week, I hit the study guides. I've also tried to prepare for the physical act of test-taking. I hate standardized test centers. They're unfamiliar, too hot or too cold, and I'm not allowed to eat or drink while I work. I've already packed a lunch bag with my "nervous snacks" for my break between the PLT and ILA content exams. So far, I've got chocolate covered pretzels and Diet Dr Pepper. I may even break my "leggings are not f*cking pants!" policy and wear my running tights because they're sooooo comfy.

I was feeling a lot more confident until I took the PLT practice test tonight. I'm so frustrated with the practice exam--it doesn't match the format of the actual exam! How am I supposed to practice writing on 4 case studies when I'm only given two?! Why are there 26 multiple choice questions when the real test has 24?! HOW THE HECK IS THIS THING SCORED?!?!

I think I'm doing okay, but honestly, I can't tell.

And this is the official study guide. The one made by the exam writers!!!

0 comments: