CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Post-PRAXIS Glow

As everyone (except me) anticipated, the PRAXIS went a lot better than I thought it would. I finished both tests with time to spare and I have a feeling that I performed very well on them.

That's not to say that there wasn't drama that weekend. Jay and I drove into Akron Friday night, and we decided that it would be a good idea to drive the route from the hotel to the university. After all, we had to leave at 6:30 the next morning. I am so, so glad we decided to do this--Google Maps failed us to a MapQuest degree! The last step in the journey was to turn right from E. Market onto College St. Unfortunately for us, College isn't marked at Market. Finally, we just turned at the strangely unmarked street we kept passing and, lo and behold, it was College. By that point though, I was so worked up, I made Jay park the car and walk to the test building and room with me. I. Would. Not. Be. Lost. Again.

When I got to the test the next morning, I kept facing one minor crisis after another. First, I had the wrong kind of pencil. Apparently, mechanical ones aren't soft enough for th delicate scantron. Thankfully, another girl lent me one of her correct pencils. Then, as I got my test, I realized that I had studied for the wrong one. Really. For English Content, there are three tests" 0041 (Multiple Choice), 0042 (Content Essays), and 0043 (Pedagogy Essays). I had prepared for 0042. I was taking 0041--the easiest of the three.

So, at this point, I just have to wait four weeks to see if I did as well as I thought. And for the record, I still don't understand how they're scored.

0 comments: