CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Playing House


As I mentioned earlier, Jay and I are staying in Ohio while my family is on vacation in Canada. It's a little weird for me. This is the first summer in my life that I've skipped out on the Ontario pilgrimage. Part of me feels really sad--my grandparents' cottage is one of my favorite places in the world. The rest of me knew, though, that if I couldn't spend time with Jay up north, I'd be pretty disappointed.

So, we're having a "staycation" and playing house. I'm taking care of the dog, and Jay is keeping me company.

Thus far, our adventures have included:

1. Afternoon of the Undead Car!

I went grocery shopping on Monday morning for healthy provisions (so much melon!). When I got out of the last grocery store at 11:40, my car wouldn't start. I called Papa Ash for help. No answer. I called Mama Peg. She promised lattes. I called Jay. We jumped my car for about half an hour. Nothing.


We went to my house, ate, and got my good jumper cables from the garage. We jumped the car with Papa's van. For another twenty minutes. I called AAA. We waited for forty minutes. AAA jumped my car. At 3:30, I got home.

2. Giant Fights Initiated by, But Not Limited to the Afternoon of the Undead Car!

...the less said the better.

3. Barking Dog at 6:15 a.m.!

And Mom thought I'd sleep through her morning routine...

4. Disney-Themed Drinking Game!
Aladdin + Mike's Hard + Beer -Dog = Unexpected Bliss

And it's only Wednesday morning! What fun could lie in store for us?

Hint: It involves a barking dog. At 5:00 in the morning.

0 comments: