CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

*sheepish*

So, I took all that energy I had from September's Indian Run and...misplaced it? Honestly, the day after the race, I hiked around The Ridges looking for new running trails. But life snuck up on me very, very quickly. And I started making less than ideal choices:
1. I got sporadic with my meds (Oh, I'll take them today. Tomorrow, maybe not so much.)
2. I let myself get manic, then depressed, then...both?
3. School + Observation Hours + Job = Working from, eating on, and sleeping on my couch

Things got pretty out of hand. Thankfully, I made it through finals week and home safely. I'm not completely balanced out emotionally, but being home with Jay and our families (especially my mom) gives me a lot more stability than living alone. So, I'm making more progress on my two-steps-forward-one-step-back system. If I could just start sleeping at normal hours, things would be great.

But then there is my weight. Since I wasn't running and had started stress eating, it's no surprise that I've jumped up to the highest number I've ever seen on the scale (I know I have weighed more than I do right now, but I've been a champion scale-avoider). Even with that new, scary number in my mind, I couldn't seem to find motivation to get back into the groove.

Until I was surfing Facebook and spotted some waifish friends of friends out clubbing in lingerie. Granted, not the healthiest source of motivation, but it's enough of a kick in the pants to get me reevaluating my plan and setting some more reasonable expectations. So here they are, the new goals:
1. Lose 10% of my body weight. That's 15 pounds. That's enough to put me back in the healthy BMI bracket.
2. Restart and finish the C25K Program. This time with 100% more inhalers.

The "finish line" for my goal is my final wedding dress fitting. Which isn't yet scheduled but will probably be late June-mid July. So, that gives me...hold on, math...about 30 weeks to make this happen. If I can maintain the -1lb/week goal that the WebMd calculator made me use, I can get there in about half the time. But, I'm going to be realistic here and shoot for 30 weeks.

Thank you WebMd for this handy summary:

0 comments: