CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Solving Old (Unimportant) Mysteries

One of the greatest blessings/curses I was born with is my weirdo memory. I can't really control what I remember, but the things that stick never seem to leave. I remember the day my brother was born (I was two), but I'm not really sure what I had for dinner on Wednesday.


When my memory (intentionally, I believe) leaves out key bits of information, these incomplete thoughts stick even more thoroughly. So, I am more excited than I really should be about two mysterious memories I just figured out.


The first probably occured in 1997 or 1998. I had a friend sleeping over, and she wanted to watch MTV (which was forbidden in my house). Because my parents were asleep, I let her, but when video of a girl singing and taking off her clothes came on, I tried to change the channel. As fate would have it, my mom came downstairs, and that was the end of the tv for that sleepover.


I always wondered what the song was. A few weeks ago, I was feeling lousy and started searching for Fiona Apple videos on YouTube. Quite by accident, I found the mystery song:




Go me!


Last night, I couldn't sleep and suddenly remembered a book I'd read in one day while visiting my cousins' cousins in Temagami. Because no one really wanted to play/hang out with me, I raided their bookshelf and found...a book. I read it in a few hours and loved it. But as soon as I left, I forgot the title.


With about forty-five minutes of Googling and Amazon-ing, I found it again:


Woo-hoo!
And yes, I totally did just order it from Amazon.

0 comments: